We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable cakes
- Carrot cake
A deliciously moist cake made with wholemeal flour, grated carrots, sultanas and mixed spice. Enjoy for afternoon tea or dessert.
13 people made this
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 400g caster sugar
- 325g sultanas
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 440g grated carrot
- 4 eggs
- 425ml cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:55min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a 20cm x 30cm or similar sized tin with baking parchment.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix together all the liquid ingredients.
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients, then pour into prepared tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (5)
I found the recipe really easy to make. I only used half the amount of oil in the recipe (which I generally do with all recipes) I felt it was still to oily for my taste.-21 Nov 2011
This is the best carrot cake recipe ever! It is so moist and gooey, keeps for ages in an air-tight container and can be made into muffins as well as one big cake. Love it!-21 Feb 2011
Something else.1 added 100g of chopped walnuts-21 Feb 2011