- Meat and poultry
A beef and vegetable 'cupcake' is baked in paper cases and topped with mashed potatoes - a great recipe for April fools day!
4 people made this
- 450g beef mince
- 70g crackers, crushed
- 80g chopped onion
- 75g chopped green pepper
- 80ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 120ml tomato ketchup
- 70g soft brown sugar
- 850g mashed potatoes
- 120g grated Cheddar cheese
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix beef mince, crackers, onion, green pepper, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper and seasoning salt together in a bowl.
- Stir tomato ketchup and brown sugar together in a bowl. Spoon ketchup mixture into the bottom of each muffin hole (or cupcake paper case) in a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Fill muffin cups with beef mixture, 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beef is cooked through.
- Pipe mashed potato on top of each 'cupcake'. Top with grated cheese and continue baking until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(114)
Reviews in English (89)
This are really good and fun! I used a 12-cup cupcake pan. Even following the recipe, there was too much mixture to make only 6. The mixture filled 8 of the cups. I assume a 6-cup muffin tin has larger cups (like jumbo muffins) than my 12-cup pan. I ended up putting the mashed potatoes on the side (with gravy). My young grandbaby doesn't like her food to "touch" anything else on her plate so I thought the potatoes on the side would be best for her. Unfortunately, she had seen me add the onions and green pepper to the mixture while she was doing her homework so she pretty much nixed them before they were even on the table. Although these did not please the picky child, the rest of us enjoyed them very much! I received repeated compliments on these meatloaf cupcakes. I will definitely make them again. I will probably double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for a future meal. Thanks for the recipe, matykada!-12 Mar 2014
These are amazing!! So full of flavor! The only thing i had trouble with is making the potatoes look pretty on top! The kids and hubby loved them! I will definately make these again.-11 Mar 2014
The meatloaf was EXCELLENT but the sauce was lacking. It was so overly sweet and lacking any balance. I added 1/2 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp roasted garlic powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and 1/4 tsp seasoned salt. Next time I'll cut the sugar way back, at least in half if not more. I would recommend using thicker potatoes for this as I tried to be lazy with instant potatoes and they never really set up on top of the "cupcake."-31 Dec 2014